Please note: This is an expired news item, and is solely displayed for archival purposes only.
Information such as operating dates and times shown below may no longer be applicable or accurate.
CALLING ALL STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF AND FRIENDS!
AUDITIONS FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL!
WHAT IS THE PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL?
• A collage of songs and scenes, celebrating both music and theater at NCC, sponsored by both the humanities department and theater club.
• Projects are extracurricular (songs and scenes that are cast via auditions) and curricular (projects from music & theater classes).
• The performance date is Wednesday, December 11th at 5:30pm.
WHAT ARE THE PROJECTS? THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!
• COFFEE IN A CARDBOARD CUP: a high-speed parody on the insanity of living in world where we must have “coffee to go!” (Ensemble piece with solos for men and women.)
• NOTHING (from Chorus Line): A comedy about actors/actresses who feel “nothing” when they’re told to “feel like a tree” in acting class. (3 singers; song will be divided into parts.)
• I KNOW HIM SO WELL (from Chess): a sad, but beautiful female duet about accepting that a relationship had to end.
• CHECK, PLEASE: a collage of short scenes that go back and forth between 4 “couples” on BAD blind dates.
• JESSE: a comedy that ends very dramatically/intensely when a couple makes a huge mistake with one too many surprises….
• MINIMALISTIC MEN: Two guys have no idea what to do when they find out they’re actually just characters in a 10-minute play!
• NO AUDITIONS! Join CHOIR, ACTING ONE, or MUSIC THEORY to do a class project for the festival!
HOW TO AUDITION:
SIGN UP: Go to the bulletin board at E108 & sign up for a 15-minute slot during one of the times below:
POSSIBLE TIMES TO AUDITION:
• Tuesday, September 17th: 10:30am-11:30am, 1:00pm-2:00pm, & 4:00pm-10:00pm
• Wednesday, September 18th: 10:30am-11:30am
• Thursday, September 19th: 10:30am-11:30am; 1:00pm-2:00pm & 4:00pm-5:00pm
• (CALL BACKS ARE ON THURSDAY NIGHT, 6:00pm-10:00pm)
WHAT TAKES PLACE DURING THE AUDITION?
• If you’re interested in a singing part, please prepare a song or part of a song. Come with either a karaoke accompaniment or piano music.
• If you’re interested in NON-singing roles, you will read from the scripts. (Copies at E108)
• You can audition for both, but please sign up for TWO audition spots (so you’ll get 15 minutes for singing and 15 minutes for non-singing).
• Auditions take place in the PepsiCo Theater.
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT CHRISTINE MANGONE: email@example.com (Office= E108)