CALLING ALL STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF AND FRIENDS!
AUDITIONS FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL!
WHAT IS THE PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL?
• A collage of songs and scenes, celebrating both music and theater at NCC, sponsored by both the humanities department and theater club.
• Projects are extracurricular (songs and scenes that are cast via auditions) and curricular (projects from music & theater classes).
• The performance date is Wednesday, December 11th at 5:30pm.
WHAT ARE THE PROJECTS? THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!
• COFFEE IN A CARDBOARD CUP: a high-speed parody on the insanity of living in world where we must have “coffee to go!” (Ensemble piece with solos for men and women.)
• NOTHING (from Chorus Line): A comedy about actors/actresses who feel “nothing” when they’re told to “feel like a tree” in acting class. (3 singers; song will be divided into parts.)
• I KNOW HIM SO WELL (from Chess): a sad, but beautiful female duet about accepting that a relationship had to end.
• CHECK, PLEASE: a collage of short scenes that go back and forth between 4 “couples” on BAD blind dates.
• JESSE: a comedy that ends very dramatically/intensely when a couple makes a huge mistake with one too many surprises….
• MINIMALISTIC MEN: Two guys have no idea what to do when they find out they’re actually just characters in a 10-minute play!
• NO AUDITIONS! Join CHOIR, ACTING ONE, or MUSIC THEORY to do a class project for the festival!
HOW TO AUDITION:
SIGN UP: Go to the bulletin board at E108 & sign up for a 15-minute slot during one of the times below:
POSSIBLE TIMES TO AUDITION:
• Tuesday, September 17th: 10:30am-11:30am, 1:00pm-2:00pm, & 4:00pm-10:00pm
• Wednesday, September 18th: 10:30am-11:30am
• Thursday, September 19th: 10:30am-11:30am; 1:00pm-2:00pm & 4:00pm-5:00pm
• (CALL BACKS ARE ON THURSDAY NIGHT, 6:00pm-10:00pm)
WHAT TAKES PLACE DURING THE AUDITION?
• If you’re interested in a singing part, please prepare a song or part of a song. Come with either a karaoke accompaniment or piano music.
• If you’re interested in NON-singing roles, you will read from the scripts. (Copies at E108)
• You can audition for both, but please sign up for TWO audition spots (so you’ll get 15 minutes for singing and 15 minutes for non-singing).
• Auditions take place in the PepsiCo Theater.
QUESTIONS? PLEASE CONTACT CHRISTINE MANGONE: firstname.lastname@example.org (Office= E108)