- American FactFinder - Official data from U.S. Census of Population and Housing, the American Community Survey, or the Economic Census.
- American Sociological Association
of Justice Statistics Clearinghouse
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Central and Eastern European Online Library - C.E.E.O.L. is an online archive which provides access to full text PDF articles from 244 humanities and social science journals, electronic books and re-digitized documents pertaining to Central, Eastern and South-Eastern European topics.
- The Partnership for a Drug-Free America
- Explorations in Social Inequality - Trinity University
- FedStats - Statistics on all topics from 70 U.s. Government agencies
- International Sociological Association
- International Statistical Agencies by Country
- Mapping the Measure of America - created by the Human Development Project, this site uses a straightforward 10-point scale to measure the "well-being of America," which is defined by three major factors: health, education, and income. Data are displayed through interactive, color-coded maps of the US. When a user scrolls over a state, a pop-up window appears providing a data set for the state. This includes an overall HDI (Human Development Index) score and data on median earnings, education (e.g., school enrollment and educational attainment), life expectancy, ethnicity, and political makeup. The Charts tab provides additional statistical indicators for each state in various categories, e.g., environment (release of various known environmental toxins); housing and transportation (number of foreclosures, commuting information, etc.); political participation (voter turnouts); and security (crime numbers, state police expenditures, etc.). The Charts tab can also organize the statistics by congressional districts and by one of nine major metro areas. Users can build their own statistical charts easily with a few clicks. Data can be imported into an Excel spreadsheet.
Archive of Criminal Justice Data
- National Survey Of America's Families - Urban Institute
- New York Public Library Digital Gallery - Explore Culture and Society
- Social Psychology Network Hosted by Wesleyan University, this site features links to a variety of resources of use to both professionals and students.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics - Bureau of Justice Statistics