REQUESTING YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
Frequently Asked Questions:
Transcripts can be requested in two ways. Please determine which method of requesting a transcript works best for you.
- 1) If you are a current or recent NCC student (at NCC
within the past 2 years), you can logon to your myCommNet
account to request a transcript or to view the status of your
previously requested transcript. If you cannot logon to myCommNet,
please use option number 2 below for requesting a transcript.
- a. When web requesting a transcript be sure to enter the name of the person or office to receive your transcript in the “Issued To” field on the web request form.
- b. All transcripts are mailed via U.S. Postal Mail with the mailing address printed exactly as you entered it on your web request.
- c. Web-requested transcripts are downloaded and mailed the next business day.
- d. If necessary, call the receiving institution to verify that they have received your transcript.
- e. Directions:
- i. Go to: http://my.commnet.edu or click the myCommNet link on the NCC homepage.
- ii. Enter your NetID and your password (see the Online Access Brochure for further information)
- iii. Click on the "Student" tab.
- iv. Click on the hyperlink in the "Student Self-Service" area.
- v. Select and click on: Student Records
- vi. Click on: Request Official Transcript
- vii. Follow the prompts
- viii. Print out the confirmation page.
- ix. An email confirmation will be sent if you have provided NCC with your current email address.
- 2) If you are a former NCC student, you can use the paper Transcript Request form. The form can be brought in to the Records Office room E102, faxed to the Records Office at (203) 857-7012, or mailed to:
- Records Office
Norwalk Community College
188 Richards Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06854
Telephone or voice-mail transcript requests cannot be honored and no third party requests are accepted.
Best practice is to allow 14 business days after we receive your request for processing and mailing via U.S. Postal Mail. Please note that most transcripts are mailed sooner. Allow the maximum time if your transcript is more than 12 years old.
There is no fee for transcript requests.
If you require additional information, please call the Records Office at (203) 857-7035 and press option number 3.