Alternate Location Testing Services
Adaptive Technology Lab
West Campus, Room W209j
When approved by the Coordinator of Student Disability Services, students
to take tests in our Adaptive Technology Lab, Room W209j. The procedure is as follows:
- 1. Early in the semester, plan the arrangements for testing
accommodations with each of your instructors when you give the
instructor the "Accommodation Letter." If your "Accommodation
Letter" included Alternate Location
for Exams or Adaptive Technology Lab for Exams, follow the
procedure below. In addition, if your instructor is unable to
provide extended time for your exams and you need an Alternate
Location for Exams, call (203) 857-7192 or
email the Coordinator as soon as possible.
- 2. Fill out and submit to the Testing Center (in W209) the
yellow form "REQUEST FOR ALTERNATE LOCATION
TEST TAKING" to request an appointment to take the test.
(The staff, Heather Alexander or Beth Lambert are located in W209j
or the Reception area. Forms are available above "Downloadable Forms"
or the Reception area in W209).
- a. Notice of at least one week
- b. The test should be completed the week it is scheduled.
- c. When you schedule your test, be sure to allow time for
extended time, if that is your accommodation. Typically, that means one and
a half times the amount of time the test is designed to take.
- d. The Testing Center staff will check the testing schedule
and confirm your appointment in person, by phone or email. The
test will be scheduled as near to the time of your request as
possible, depending on availability of proctor and testing room.
- 4. When you are given a confirmed test time from the staff you
should receive or pick-up the green reservation form entitled "ALTERNATE LOCATION TEST RESERVATION
FORM." Give the reservation form in-person to your instructor
(do not put it in a faculty
mailbox). This is your opportunity to inform the
instructor of the day and time of the appointment and remind the
instructor to deliver the test to room W209j prior to the
appointment time. Important note:
Tell your instructor to write on the green form any special testing instructions
given to the class. The center follows official exam
procedures. If it is not in writing it will not be allowed!
- 5. Be on time to room W209j. If you are late, valuable testing time
may be lost. If you cannot attend at your scheduled time call
ASAP. (Heather Alexander 857-6844 or Beth Lambert 857-7298)
- 6. When finished, leave the test with the Testing Center
- 7. Tell your professor that you have taken the test and that he
or she can pick it up.