Academic Adjustment Procedure
- 1. Follow this procedure after the student has completed the Application Procedure
and has determined in collaboration with the Coordinator that the
student will need an academic adjustments.
- 2. We rely on the student to
initiate the following process each semester, when you need
an academic adjustment.
- 3. Every semester after you are registered for classes, obtain the
Accommodation Request Form
from this website or from Student Disability Services located in the
UBS Student Success Center in Room E107 (East Campus).
- 4. Fill in all the
information requested on the form.
only those courses for which you need academic adjustments.
- 5. Make an appointment to request your
letters with the Student Disability Services Coordinator. You
can calling (203) 857-6840.
- 6. Bring the completed form to Student Disability
Services for your appointment with the Coordinator.
- 7. Based on eligibility, you will be given a letter to give to the instructor in each course for which you are seeking academic
- 8. Give the letter to each instructor as early in the
semester as possible (preferably the first day of class).
- 9. Make
an appointment with the instructor to plan the arrangements.
Note: The demand for appointments with the
Student Disability Services Coordinator becomes very high as the semester approaches.
New students should contact the Coordinator at least six weeks prior to the
beginning of the semester. Continuing students (those who have provided
documentation and previously met with the Coordinator to discuss accommodation)
should contact the Coordinator at least three weeks prior to the beginning of the
semester. Appointments will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.