Career Counseling is the process that assists students in evaluating, establishing, and activating individual career plans. Work with a professional counselor to help discover the right occupation for your special interests, values and life circumstances, learn more about the world of work, and put together an action plan for achieving success in your career.
The Steps to Effective Career Planning
Step 1. Self Assessment
- Getting to know your self is often the first step. We can help you to determine how your interests, values, personality style, skills, values, and aptitudes align with careers.
Step 2. Researching Careers
- Getting information on career and majors is a vital part of the career planning process. Learn how to find out information about what specific careers and majors entail.
- Get details on salary level, necessary coursework, and job outlooks.
Step 3. Decision Making
- This is the process of narrowing your career choices and choosing an occupation and a plan of study.
Step 4. Life Planning
- Set tangible long and short term career goals and beginning to map out what it will take to actualize the career goals you have set for yourself.
- Focus will be given to plan of study, course selection, next steps for reaching your career goal, and how to enter the field.
The Choices Planner is a comprehensive online system of career guidance. This will help you build a meaningful career and life plan for NCC and beyond.
- Log on today to begin creating your career portfolio.
- You will be able to complete online inventories, access information on schools, careers, scholarships and more.
To access CHOICES:
- Go to www.bridges.com/ct
- Site ID: 1212594
- Password: norwalk (all in lowercase letters)
- You will then be able to create your own career portfolio.
To make an appointment for career planning and assessment, contact
the Counseling Center at 203-857-7033 or stop by East Campus 104.
To make an appointment for career coaching, information on labor market
projections, resume writing, interview skills, or job search contact the
Career Center at 203-857-6947 or stop by West Campus W118.